Nagano Prefecture’s famous powder snow draws ski and snowboard fans from around the world. Even if you don’t ski, there are so many ways to enjoy the beautiful snowy landscapes and experience the magic of winter.
- Photograph the Snow Monkeys soaking in the hot springs
- Enjoy a nabe hotpot dinner inside an igloo
- Take an exhilarating ride on a bicycle made for snow
- Enjoy spectacliar views while eating pastries at the top of a gondola in the Japanese Alps
- Speed through a stunning river valley on snowmobiles in Hakuba
- Take a relaxing stroll through Japan’s largest wasabi farm
- Take in the award-winning illuminations at Matsumoto Castle
Day 1: Jigokudani Wild Snow Monkey Park and Iiyama Kamakura Village Igloo Restaurant
Hike through the forest to see the world-famous onsen-bathing Snow Monkeys. Then take a taxi to Iiyama’s iconic “kamakura restaurant” for supper inside your very own igloo.
(It is recommended to send your luggage via overnight takkyubin (delivery service) ahead to your hotel in Togari Onsen.)
Day 2: Togari Onsen and Hakuba Iwatake
Join the yukichari snow bike tour then transfer to Hakuba to ride the gondola to the café at Hakuba Iwatake Mountain Harbor.
Day 3: Snowmobiling in Hakuba, Wasabi Farm in Azumino and Matsumoto Castle
Go for a guided snowmobile tour then visit Japan’s largest wasabi farm, followed by a laser show at Matsumoto Castle.