I am planning to visit tateyama Alpine route on April 25-26, I have few doubts:
- Is it possible to visit with my own vehicle ( car)?
- Is it possible to start from Ogizawa and to back the same point? because i have a plan to book accommodation at Hakuba.
- Please suggest nearby sightseeing areas in Nagano and Hakuba.
I’ve answered your questions below.
1. Yes, you can park your vehicle at Ogizawa Station and begin the Alpine route from there. If you wanted to take a one-way trip into Toyama Prefecture, a car-forwarding service is also available.
2. Yes, you can travel round-trip on the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route. The most common route is to travel up to Murodo and back to your starting station. You can see more information about fares here.
3. Several cherry blossom spots will be in bloom during your visit. Lake Nakatsuna and Omachi Park are both located nearby Omachi and should be in bloom from the 25th. Oide Park, a 15-minute walk from Hakuba Station, should reach full bloom by the 28th. You can see more information about Nagano’s cherry blossoms here.
Around Hakuba, you can also enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, rock climbing, and rafting via the Evergreen Outdoor Center.
I hope that helps answer your question. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Thank you so much for the information.
One more point i want to clarify.
do we need to book in advance while visiting tateyama route? or it is possible to take the same day ticket? where should i purchase the ticket? Ogizawa station?
Thanks in advance.
Glad I could help.
You can reserve tickets online through the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route’s official website. You’ll see a button on the right labeled “WEB ticket.”
It is also possible to buy tickets at the station, but it will most likely be busy during your trip so I recommend reserving them in advance.
Understood, thank you very much for your kind support
You’re very welcome. Enjoy your trip!