I am planning to travel in early Jun from Tokyo to Nagano by 3 hrs train ride, follow by taking bus to hotel in Omachi Onsenkyo for a night stay, then start the alpine route journey the next day ending in Toyama.
I will be getting 7D JR pass along with Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket.
- Is the Tateyama Kurobe Option ticket covers bus ride from Nagano to Omachi Onsenkyo?
- Do I need to make reservation for the bus ride from Nagano to Omachi Onsenkyo?
- Am I suppose to take \\\”express bus\\\” from Nagano bus terminal and I can easily alight at Omachi Onsenkyo with my big luggage?
- From Omachi Onsenkyo, is it easy to get on any transport to Ogizawa to start the alpine route journey? Any reservation needed? The fare is covered by option ticket as well?
- I would like to arrange for luggage forwarding from Omachi Onsenkyo to Toyama. Is it easy to locate the counter?
- Btw, I read that luggage forwarding at MIDORI Nagano is only from 9am to 10:30am. Does it mean I can’t do it before 9am and after 10:30am?
Sorry for so many questions as I am still unsure after reading the official Alpine Route website.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you very much.
I’ve included answers to your questions below:
1. Yes, it covers the bus ride between Nagano and Omachi Onsenkyo.
2. No, the Nagano-Ogizawa bus does not take reservations.
3. You take the Alpico Nagano-Ogizawa Express bus from Platform #25 at Nagano’s East exit. The bus has a large trunk so your luggage should fit just fine.
4. You will take the same bus that you took from Nagano to Omachi Onsenkyo to reach Ogizawa. It is also covered by the pass.
5. You can arrange for luggage forwarding at your hotel in Omachi Onsenkyo.
6. Yes, it is only available at Nagano Station’s Kuroneko Yamato service counter between 9 am and 10:30 am. The counter does not open until 9am, and the luggage needs to be sent by 10:30am to arrive on the same day.
I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.