My family and I (2 adults and 2 children) will be visiting Nagano and Hakuba areas. Can we seek your advice on the relevant prices for transportation and whether it is worthwhile to purchase Snow Resort Pass based on our itinerary below?
- 25 Dec 2017: return trip between Nagano Station and Snow Monkey Park by bus
- 26 Dec 2017: return trip between Nagano Station and Zenko-ji and one way trip to Hakuba town
Thanks a lot for your advice in advance.
Thanks for your question. I have included the prices for the buses below, as well as information for this year’s snow resort pass.
Snow Resort Pass
- Period of Sale: December 2, 2017 to March 31, 2018
- Price: Adults/5,000 yen, Children/2,500 yen
Details: Two-Day bus pass for unlimited service on the following lines:
- Express Nagano-Hakuba line bus (between Nagano Station and Hakuba Norikura)
- Express Togakushi line bus (between Nagano Station and Togakushi Ski Resort)
- Nagano-Zenkoji Section (all buses including Gururingo line)
- Nagano-Matsushiro line
- Express Shigakogen line (Nagano Station to Snow Monkey Park stop)
Buses for your itinerary
Nagano-Snow Monkey Park (Shigakogen line)
1,400 yen one-way*
Nagano-Zenkoji (Gururingo line, etc.)
150 yen one-way
Nagano-Hakuba (Hakuba line)
1,800 yen one-way*
*Child fare is half price
With roundtrips between Nagano and Zenkoji and Nagano and the Snow Monkey Park, the total would come to 4,900 yen per person (or 2,400 yen for children). In this case, the Snow Resort pass wouldn’t be beneficial for your trip. If you were to also visit Togakushi on the 25th, the pass would be well worth it.
I hope that helps answer your question!
Which line stops at Obuse? Planning to visit Obuse enroute to either Snow monkey park or Togakushi 🙂
Hi Blair, thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
The Nagano Dentetsu line, which runs between Nagano Dentetsu Station and Yudanaka Station (the Snow Monkey area), stops at Obuse. It’s about in the middle of Yudanaka and Nagano.