i m thinking of doing a 1 day trip to Kamikochi on 22 Oct 2019. i need your advice as below:
1) i plan to take a night bus from Shinjuku station on 21 Oct then back to Shinjuku station on 22 Oct evening bus. it is possible to do that?
2) if yes could you please recommend a website that i could purchase the bus ticket and the price?
3) is there any trekking map available for Taisho Pond to Myojin Pond? or is there any sign broad along that the trekking path?
4) is there any luggage storage facility in Kamokochi? if yes, can it store 28 inch suitcase?
Thanks for your questions. I’ve answered them below:
1) Alpico Kotsu runs a direct bus between Shinjuku and Kamikochi. You can see more information here.
2) Reservations can be made through their website (linked above).
3) For a map of the Kamikochi area, see here. The trails around the park are well-marked so you will have no trouble finding your way between Taisho and Myojin Ponds.
4) There is a baggage storage service at the Kamikochi bus terminal that charges between 350 to 600 yen depending on the size of your bag.
Let me know if you have any questions.