“Matsumoto Concierge Map” was newly issued by a local volunteer group “Castle Town Matsumoto – Citizens’ Guidance”, who guide tourists in Matsumoto Station and downtown in the busiest season in May, August, October.
There are useful, often unwritten, information & tips in the map such as:
- Word of mouth short comments and recommended restaurant and shop list written and selected by an Englishman and some Japanese lived in Matsumoto.
- The restaurant list includes comments, price ranges, availabilities of credit cards, free wi-fi and English menus
- Complete list of hotels, ryokans, guesthouses in the city center map
- Free wi-fi available spots, restaurants, hotel lobbies
- All excursion bus routes with bus stops
- Locations for free bicycle pick-up, convenience stores, drug stores, 100-yen shop, coin lockers, cherry blossom and other tree view spots
The map is provided at Matsumoto Castle and TIC in front of the castle and will be distributed to some hotels.
However, the number of the map is limited, it may not be available to every tourist who will visit Matsumoto.
Please download the map pdf file from here, so you can install in your smart phones or tablet PCs and use them while strolling Matsumoto (if you also need a map of Hotaka and Azumino, a neighboring town of Matsumoto, download from this page).