Hi Nagano team,
I have a plan to visit Nagano area in mid November this year and I have a few questions regarding travelling from Nagano to Matsumoto then Kofu. I plan to buy 5 day JR East Nagano pass
- Can I use JR East pass travelling on Limited Express Shinano from Nagano to Matsumoto?
- Does JR East pass cover riding on The Azusa and Kaiji Chuo Main Line from Matsumoto to Kofu?
Thank you for your answers 🙂
I’m planning to visit snow monkey resort end of december. I’m wondering whether to return to tokyo and from there go to kyoto or take the limited express shinano directly to kyoto? I have a 5 year old so not sure which one will be easier and more fun. Is the scenery on the limited express shinano nice in the winter? Finally, I can’t seem to find the time table for limited express shinano from nagano to kyoto. I’d appreciate your help.
I´m interested in a tour from Tokyo to the Snow Monkey onsen in early March of 2020, plus possibly to Kanazawa and Takayama as well. I´m fine with going as part of a group, since it´s just me otherwise. Thank you!
We shall visit Hirugami Onsen in September this year. I have learnt from the official website of Hirugami Onsen that there’s a bus running between Kamisuwa and Hirugami Onsen.
Can we just take a single ride from Hirugami Onsen to Kamisuwa?
Where can we make reservation?
Hi, I’m planing to go there with my own tent for camping at Konashidaira on 10-12 August 2019. Just heard that it will be so crowded during that time. Can anyone describe how full it is? How that bad?
I plan to go Nagano with my family around end of December 2019. I have a few questions:
- Are the shops and restaurant in Narai Post town opened from 28 to 30 Dec 2019?
- Does the snow in Ryuoo ski park real snow from 28 to 30 Dec 2019?
- Is the snow in Ryuoo ski park normally sufficient for snow activities like sledding from 28 to 29 Dec 2019?
Hi below are my questions
- what is the best way to travel from Narita airport to Matsumoto? We have 2 big and 1 small luggages.
- Is it better to drive or take the public transport in Matsumoto? We plan to go wasabi farm and the snow wall.
- how do we go to the Alpine route from Matsumoto ?
- Is it better to buy the JR pass?
How are you?
how to get to sunset place(MIHARUDAI? – I don’t know exactly the spell) from Karuizawa Prince Hotel ?
Can I get to there by transportation?
Thank you in advance
Hello. We are thinking of walking from Magome to Tsumago in early January. We would stay overnight in Nagoya or Nakatsugawa (near train station if possible) and then do walk and then head off to Nagano. The other option would be a day trip from Nagoya or possibly Nagano. Is the walk in winter difficult? It it in fact possible to do a day trip from Nagano. Thankyou for your help.
Hello, I have a few questions:
1. If I want to go to 美ヶ原高原 by bus, I saw that there are only 4 summer-season buses running every day. I can only make it to the one at 13:15 but not the 8:15 one. In that case, I can only stay in 美ヶ原高原 for 2 hours in order to catch the last bus back to matsumoto station. I would like to know is it possible to see 王頭，王鼻 and the art museum in within the 2 hours? How long will the whole hiking take?
2. For the Nagano びんずる Festival, where exactly will it take place and till how late at night will it last?
3. For the Sora Terrace, so I have to book the shuttle bus or do I just wait at the station? Is there anyway to check whether there will be cloud sea before going there?
4. Is there any live camera on 美ヶ原高原 for me to check the weather and visibility before going there?
5. Other than the post office of 善光寺, are there other post offices which have special chop? Do I have to tell the staff if I want the special chop or will they automatically use the special chop if I send postcard from that post office?
Thank you so much for your help.