SightseeingOutdoor ActivitiesOnsens (Hot Springs)Cuisine
ExperienceCulture ArtEventsSouvenirs

Nagano Luggage Storage

May 18th, 2012 by Tony
Category Information

Lockers

A locker size for every bag

The Nagano train station has recently installed some large lockers so you can now store your skis and snowboard bags securely whilst you go and explore the city center before heading out to Hakuba or one of the many other ski resorts. The lockers are located on the upper concourse just opposite and left as you come out of the shinkansen (bullet train) ticket check. There are also some smaller lockers at the bottom of the stairs on the street level of the west (Zenkoji) exit. The largest ones cost 600 yen for the day.  6 x 100 yen coins.

Tags:

31 Responses to “Nagano Luggage Storage”

1. Tyler says:

Wow — great news! So many of our guests have asked about ski / snowboard storage at Nagano Station. This is perfect for storing luggage for a day trip to tne snow monkeys, too.

2. Haru says:

YES! They are very convenient for travelers with large luggage.
    Those jumbo size lockers were temporally for the ski season, and put away a few days ago.
    Now, smaller lockers are available in three places in JR Nagano station : in the waiting room on the upper concourse, and near the bottom of the stairs of both the west and east exits.
    Nagano Dentetsu Nagano station also provides some.

3. This is great news. Finally I will have enough space to stock my luggage safely.

4. Sandy says:

So will the big lockers be back for the 2012/2013 ski season”

5. Tony says:

They should be back there in December.

6. Sandy says:

Just wondering if those large lockers have been put back into the Nagano rail station. We are passing through in January and would like to use them if they are, otherwise will have to keep going. Would love to stay for a look around

7. Tony says:

Yes Sandy they are there right outside the ticket check stalls for the bullet train. Just near the information center. Have fun in Nagano. It is a great little city and Zenkoji temple is amazing and well worth a visit.

8. Sandy says:

Thanks Tony. We look forward to visiting. I have another question though. I have been looking at Hyperdia and notice that 2 Nagano rail stations show on the list to select. One is simply Nagano and the other is Naganoharakusatsuguchi.

Are they 2 different locations? If we are planning on travelling Shinkansen do I simply select Nagano?

Thanks in advance for your help in trying to understand these trains

9. Tony says:

Yes just choose Nagano on Hyperdia. The train system in Japan is one of the best in the world and the Shinkansen is a great way to travel. Don’t forget to buy a bento box before you get on, to enjoy the full experience.

10. Sandy says:

Just thought I’d let you know we have passed through Nagano, used the lockers and had a great day looking around. Loved the whole place! Zenjoki Temple was just beautiful. My favorite place so far
    Thanks for your help
    Sandy

11. Tony says:

Great to hear Sandy. I hope we see you again sometime.

12. Ellen says:

Hi, we’re going to stay overnight at Jigokudani Onsen Korakukan up near the Monkey park, and were wondering if it is possible to use these lockers for 24-48 hours? Or do they automatically unlock at a particular time?
    Thankyou!

13. Tony says:

Hi Ellen. You would be better off using the baggage delivery service to send your luggage from your hotel to the next stop. That way you don’t have to worry about lockers or even carrying around all your luggage. It could also be sent directly to the airport for you to pick up prior to check in at your airline gate. It’s a fantastic service and cheap and your hotel should be able to organise it all for you.

14. Clifton Blubaugh says:

Hello! Your blog site is amazing! My spouse and I check out your website every day. To be honest, I think I am obsessed with this internet site. Simply wanted to mention I appreciate your blogs and forums and I am excited for a lot more to come! I book-marked this web page, and certainly will come back for extra articles or blog posts.

15. Filip George says:

They had a great idea with the lockers. :)

16. Nolan Marotte says:

This is the right site for anyone who would like to find out about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic which has been discussed for many years. Great stuff, just great!

17. Howard says:

We are doing a day trip from Tokyo to see the monkeys and want to head on to Nozawa the same day. Will the storage lockers be around on December 7? Trying to find a place to keep our luggage while visiting the monkeys. Any advice would be appreciated.

18. Tony says:

Hi Howard.
    The Nagano Station is a bit of a mess at the moment with a huge redevelopment going on. The lockers will be outside the ticket check to the left hand side. My suggestion though, would be to get in touch with Chuo Taxi. They may be able to organise a shuttle to the monkeys and then take you directly to your accommodation in Nozawa later. That way you can take your luggage with you. It will also save you a lot of time. Contact them through their website here http://chuotaxi.co.jp/publics/index/10/
    Let me know how you go,

19. Howard Kalin says:

Thank you Tony. Are there any other options? Chuo Taxi seems to be rather expensive for the two of us. We don’t mind taking the trains or buses. The only issue is luggage storage as we are heading to Nozawa.

20. Tony says:

You can certainly use the lockers as you mentioned in your original plan. Another option is to forward your large items to the hotel with the takkyubin baggage delivery service the day before and then you can travel lightly. Makes life very easy.

21. Howard Kalin says:

Tony. Your help and answers are appreciated. Does anyone provide a group tour from the Nagano station that my wife and I can join. Also, if the storage lockers happen to be full, are there other options? Luggage desk?

First time to Japan… so we have a ton of questions.

22. Tony says:

Chuo taxi would be the best option. Once you take out your travel fares to get there and the cost of luggage storage and then the fares to get to Nozawa it won’t be a huge difference and you will have peace of mind with your luggage being with you for the ride. Enjoy the monkeys. It is a great experience.

23. Aretha says:

Very descriptive post, I liked that a lot.
    Will there be a part 2?

24. Tony says:

That’s right. The lockers will charge you again for the extra day.

25. Tony says:

Yes Yosh. You just have to pay for the extra time if you go over the 24 hours.

26. lockers for home says:

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.

I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

27. bath fixtures says:

Hello, I wish for to subscribe for this webpage to get newest updates, so where can i
    do it please help out.

28. Tony says:

Hi Meagan. You can subscrbe on the button on the right hand side of the blog

29. top beard says:

Hi there to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this
    webpage; this webpage includes remarkable and really
    fine data in support of visitors.

30. Eugene Mccallister says:

Thank you ever so for you blog article.Thanks Again. Great.